The MotoTech contour air is an Urban Riding Jacket, which combines a sporty and vintage style look with a smooth surface that isn't prone to snagging and tearing. Made from Waxed cotton, a unique high-performance fabric probably second only to leather in the class of true outdoor fabrics in its ability to block the wind.
Features of Mototech Contour Air Riding Jacket Material
- Independent Fleece Vest liner (can be worn separately)
- Multiple utility pockets: 2 waist pockets, 2 chest pockets, 1 inner chest pocket, 1 right forearm pocket
- 3M reflectors on the chest pockets and back for higher visibility.
- YKK Zippers
- Wooden Hangers for convenient storage
- Sas-Tec Protectors with High-end engineering for greater safety.
Material: Waxed Cotton - Breathable, Burn Resistance and Abrasion Resistance material.
Advantages of Waxed Cotton:
- It is somewhat burn-resistant, albeit still certainly flammable. If you’re sleeping by a campfire or welding in the shop, a few small sparks or hot ashes won’t ruin the fabric, unlike nylon or other synthetics that end up with tiny pinholes everywhere in the same situation.
- It lasts much longer when exposed to the elements than most petroleum-based fabrics. UV exposure will degrade most synthetic fabrics much faster than Waxed Cotton fabrics.
- It is softer than most synthetic fabrics like nylon or polyester, making Waxed Cotton significantly less abrasive to auto and moto paint finishes.
- It is also more gentle on bare skin. You usually don't buff your car or wipe yourself dry with a synthetic fabric - you use cotton!
Sas Tec Protectors: The protectors are made of Viscoelastic foam with memory effect and outstanding shock absorption values. After an impact or any kind of deformation, the foam (protector) returns to its original shape within shortly. The air which is embedded in the foam´s cells provokes a progressive absorption. The protector remains soft in case of slowly increasing forces, however, when it comes to a fast heavy impact the resistance of the foam grows with increasing speed.
Protection level: Protectors surpass the required values of EN 1621-1:2012 (mean value below 20 kN)
Elbow Protector's Weight: ca. 72 g / item
Elbow Protector's Dimensions (L/W/H): ca. 250/160/11 mm
Shoulder Protector's Weight: ca. 55 g / item
Shoulder Protector's Dimensions (L/W/H): ca. 200/160/11 mm